- El Paso Neighborhood REALTOR®
- Home Valuation
- Commercial Real Estate El Paso Tx
- USDA Loans
- Senior Real Estate Specialist®
- Zero Down Payment Assistance Program
- No Closing Cost VA Loans
- El Paso Real Estate Blog
- New Homes for Sale - Beware!
- My Guarantee
- Selling a Home in El Paso
- First Time Home Buyer in El Paso
- Horizon City Texas Homes for Sale
- Pre-Qualification Process
- Zillow Real Estate, Realtor Review
- Find Your Dream Home
- Why RUSSELL REALTY GROUP
- VA Housing Loan El Paso
- Good Neighbor Next Door
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program
- Relocation Resources
- El Paso Home Inspectors List
- Horizon City Tx Homes For Sale
- El Paso Luxury Homes
- Best Realtor For Military Buyers
- Preparing To Buy A Home in El Paso Texas
- How Much House Can I Afford
- What Happens After a Contract is Accepted
- Closing Cost Help
- Home Warranty Plans
- Home Selling Q&A
- Buyer guide
- Do I need to have an inspection?
- Buying an Older Home
- Buying a HUD Home
- Buyers Agent
- Casas en El Paso Texas
- For Sale by Owner Questions (FSBO)
- Ft Bliss Homes under $150,000
- Military Relocation
- Agave Homes El Paso Tx
- Bella Homes El Paso Tx
- Presidential Homes
- Palo Verde Homes El Paso Tx
- El Paso Tx Fort Bliss Monitor
- East El Paso Real Estate
- tierra del este el paso real estate
- highland el paso real estate
- sunland park el paso real estate
- franklin hills el paso real estate
- emory place el paso real estate
- northeast el paso Tx real estate
- ventura el paso real estate
- pinnacle el paso real estate
- west el paso real estate
Buying a Home in El Paso
Tips for Buyers Buying a home can be one of your most significant investments in life. Not only are you choosing your dwelling place, and the place in which you will bring up your family, you are most likely investing a large portion of your assets into this venture. The more prepared you are at the outset, the less overwhelming and chaotic the buying process will be.
Step 1: Get pre-approved - it's usually a free, no-obligation mortgage process.
Step 2: Take the time to find and interview a Buyer's Agent until you find one you feel comfortable working with.
Step 3: Location, location, location. Determine what area of town best suits your needs.
Step4: List and prioritize the features you desire the most in a house.
Step 5: Use your Buyer's Agents connection to the local MLS to do a preliminary search comparing prices and features in the location(s) you want.
Step 6: Select 3-6 properties to begin previewing with your Buyer's Agent.
Step 7: In a hot market, it's wise to make an offer quickly on the house that seems right for you. Your Buyer's Agent will help you determine if you should make a quick offer.
Step 8: Know that you will have to submit an earnest money check when making an offer.
Step 9: Have your REALTOR explain home inspection and loan timelines that must be met after your offer has been accepted.
Step 10: When the Close of Escrow and recordation occurs, congratulate yourself for having achieved one of the American Dreams. You are now a homeowner!
Understand the Numbers
Every buyer needs to have the ability to develop their knowledge before considering a purchase. Develop a consistent method for evaluating each property you are considering. This will involve take a bit of the emotion out of the process. Do your due diligence and be objective. Be sure to gather accurate and verifiable data on all the properties you are looking at. This will enable you to make a clear comparison between the homes on your short list. For example, if the Seller says that taxes are $2000 per year, be sure to verify with the jurisdiction assessing the tax.
Does your new home need a little help?
A great place to start is Service Magic. This site lists every imaginable home repair professional.